- Introducing Middle School TEN80 team, Calvert Cruisers Next Generation (National Science of Black Engineers, CASH)
- On July 28, Remnant Center of Excellence concluded its SoMD Aviation & Career Camp 2017 efforts. This year’s effort expanded to reach over 30 kids through two camps. And, a side-note: As we toured a number of the advanced-research facilities, several company officials offered information on possible facility internships.
- On July 31, Remnant Center of Excellence submitted a proposal to the Leadership Southern Maryland Fall 2018 Class that requests its assistance in devising an Action Plan for creating a teacher pipeline. If accepted, the LSM will provide talented pro bono, local staff to work on the proposed project.
- On August 09, 10:00 a.m. at the Calvert County Board of Education meeting, Remnant Center of Excellence, CEO and Chairman, Col. Will Wiggins (Ret), presented the Citizens Advisory Committee’s recommendations from its 2016-2017 research effort on school issues.
- On August 24, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. at the Prince Frederick Library Remnant Center of Excellence partnered with other community groups to present the documentary: “13th” . The documentary is an intense look through the history of mass incarceration and its devastating effect of tearing American families apart and destroying their futures- a community discussion to follow showing.
Closing the Gap Coalition of Calvert County
CCPS Equity Policy Development Effort
#Our Common Calvert
Citizen Advisory Committee to the Board of Education